updating GDP templates

Hi all:

I am about to update gnome-app-templates. With Dan and Telsa's
approval (and lack of objections from others), the info about bug
submission will be moved to a separate doc, gnome-feedback, which will
be included in gnome-core. You can take a look at the first draft of
this doc at

http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~kirillov/gnome-feedback/
http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~kirillov/gnome-feedback/gnome-feedback.sgml

(Dan, Telsa: you've already seen it - I've not  made any  changes yet)

Does anyone have any other comments/suggestions regarding the templates
(other than jfleck's list of necessary changes)? If so, better say so
now.

I do have one suggestion. I think it would be nice to have for every
document basic release info, such as

This document describes version 2.0 of GNOME-CORE. It was last updated
on 1/1/2005

prominently displayed right below the title and copyright. At the
moment, instead of this we have

 1.     <releaseinfo>
       This is version 1.0 of MY-GNOME-APP manual.
    </releaseinfo>

   Which is not very informative and is not rendered by db2html or
       gnome-db2html2 anyway

 2. Phrase "This document describes version 2.0 of GNOME-CORE" in the
    text of the introduction - which is OK but would look  better
    if placed as a separate line under the title.

So: my suggestion is that instead of this we have

   <releaseinfo>
     This document describes version 2.0 of GNOME-CORE. It was last updated
    on 1/1/2005
    </releaseinfo>

and modify both the GDP stylesheets and gnome-db2html2 to make this
line  show. Dave, Ali, John: it shouldn't be too hard, right?

Any other