Packaging Software with Documentation

This is long overdue, but I have finally finished:

* GDP Resources for Hackers:
  http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/hackers.html
  This is a web site listing some basic instructions and links to help
  packagers and developers integrate documentation into their
  packages.  It has a long way to go, as we still need some good
  documentation on the topic.  But it is a start and at least will
  help people get the right tools installed.

* GDP Example Package 1:
  This is an example package which has the build system set up to
  install SGML and HTML (generated from SGML) documentation. It
  also installs the OMF metadata file and registers the documentation
  with ScrollKeeper so that the help browser will know various
  information about the documents.  The build files are arranged into
  well-commented templates which can be used with very little
  modification.  The package also ships with a document which
  gives an overview of what is being done and gives step-by-step
  instructions on how to add the documentation components to an
  existing package. It is available in GNOME CVS at
  gnome-docu/gdp/gdp-example1.

Note that this is a first draft of both the web page and the example
package, so there may be a few bumpy spots.  They will surely evolve and
improve in the future.  However, I believe they are both quite usable now
and should be very helpful to packagers, developers, and GDP members.
Feedback is welcome.

Thanks to Laszlo Kovacs, Gregory Leblanc, and Kenny Graunke who
contributed in various ways.

Dan