Publishing HTML

Hi!

I was chatting with Laszlo Kovacs about scrollkeeper and he mentioned
that some people had a few good reasons for publishing the GNOME
documentation as SGML, to be converted on the fly to HTML by Nautilus.

I've written a little documentation and it's generally been my
experience that I wanted to see what the end output would look
like because no documentation tool-set is WYSIWYG. It would seem
that the best way to achieve this would be for the doc writers
to publish their documentation as SGML to GNOME CVS and for a
background process to convert these to HTML where they could
be viewed (and verified) directly on the GNOME web site.

The other benefit is that Nautilus doesn't get slowed down
doing conversion on the fly (although I've heard that this
is pretty fast, it's not a no-op!).

Maybe one of the "old hands" on the GNOME documentation project
could help me to understand why this isn't a good idea!

Thanks!

Colm.