Re: gnome-doc-tools

There is more than just Linux, and you can't realistically expect every
Unix/BSD/Linux/(insert any other fancy OS) vendor/distributor
to follow the LSB. The problem with DocBook, as I perceive it, is:
if you want to provide provide a third-party extension (like the GNOME DTD
and style file), you need to kmow where to "hook in".
And while I figured out how to install the gnome-doc-tools, I finally
realized that probably the only generic way to find the proper "hook" is
by scrutinizing the db2html shell script - that's fine for me, as long as
someone would tell me so in advance, but I don't think that forcing people
to do something like:
   touch dummy.sgml
   /bin/sh -x db2html 2>&1 dummy.sgml | grep "+ jade"
is a particularly elegant way to provide crucial information ... let
alone that you first need to understand the design of DocBook to some extent
to know how to make use of the output of that command to install
the gnome-doc-tools.

rainer