Re: GDP News

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 01:46:27PM -0600, Eric Baudais wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 11:14:09AM -0600, Dan Mueth wrote:
> >
> > Eric,
> >
> > This is a great idea, especially since GDP Status Report #4 has been
> > delayed so much.  What does Ali's update fix?  Also, lets put in the URL
> > for where libxml-1.8.11 can be obtained, and possibly even a link to where
> > to grab Nautilus from.  We probably also want a link to John's "Changes
> > for GNOME 1.4 docs" page.
>
> Okay here is the revisions to the document.  If you or anyone else sees
> anything that needs to be changed he should contact me by tomorrow or
> forever hold their peace (or just get CVS access ;)).
>
> > We may pass this by Ali and John to see if they have anything more they'd
> > like to add to it.
>
> Yes, I'll send this to all involved parties for approval.
>
> Eric Baudais

John pointed out to me that i forgot to give the actual news article.  Here it
is:

With a clever fix by Ali "The Bug Killer" Abdin to libxml, one of the
last major insects plaguing the Nautilus DocBook help rendering system
has been eradicated.  His fixs lets entities to render properly in the
help browser.  Specifically the … and — entities are parsed
and render nicely.  Also entities which reference files are parsed
correctly.   Ali's fix is in the just-released libxml 1.8.11
libxml-1.8.11.tar.gz">tarball</a> or <a href="ftp://rpmfind.net/pub/
libxml/libxml-1.8.11-1.i386.rpm">rpm</a> - you'll need that and the
latest Nautilus for maximum joy.

Over the last couple of months, John Fleck has collected a couple of
additional problems that foul up the system. So he's updated the
"GDP Document Changes required for GNOME 1.4" <a href="http://
developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/changes/">document</a> to reflect his
findings.

A lot of it was plagurized from jfleck's good email about it in
gnome-doc-list gnome org

Eric Baudais