Re: scrollkeeper and gnome 1.4

On 22 Feb 2001 03:33:19 -0800, Dan Mueth wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
>

> > Hi guys:
> >
> > I just installed gnome-1.4.beta1 (from Ximian rpms for RH6) and to my
> > surprise, no OMF files were installed at all: /usr/share/omf contains
> > scrollkeeper-C.omf and *empty* subdir gnome-user-docs. Dan: something is
> > wrong with the packages - could you (or someone else) look into this?
>
> This doesn't entirely surprise me.  We were working on getting this done
> right around the package deadline for GNOME 1.4 beta1, so I suspect the
> packages were submitted before we added the OMF metadata.

> I have spoken with Jacob, who does a lot of the packaging work at Ximian

actually i don't do packaging stuff anymore :)

> work.  I even gave him my spec file for gnome-core (which I originally
> took from him and then modified).  So, my guess is we just missed the
> deadline for when they took their beta1 snapshot.  I expect things to work
> for beta2, although it is a good idea to double-check this.

yeah, the plan is to have it working by beta2.  the scrollkeeper tarball
was no good, and nothing used it, and the distro guys were on a tight
deadline anyway.

jacob
--
"The people who made the Macintosh produced a miracle, but that
 doesn't mean their code was wonderful." -- Bob Cringely