July open-source conference

Hello all,

I'm writing to a few different lists to ask whether anyone might be
planning to attend the O'Reilly open-source conference (San Diego CA)
in July.

I've been in contact with some of the folks at O'Reilly, trying to
drum up support for a "DocBook" or "open-source document authoring"
day. I think a discussion/tutorial from someone involved with the GNOME
doc project would be valuable to others. Has anyone thought about maybe
submitting a proposal for a tutorial/presentation?

The deadline for submissions of proposals is February 9th (this
Friday). If anyone else from the GNOME doc project could submit a
proposal of some kind, I think it would great. If nobody wants to
commit to a whole tutorial, I'd certainly be willing to coordinate
integration of GNOME expertise into a larger tutorial of some kind.

Please let me know what you think, or just go ahead and submit a
proposal for the conference's XML track:

  http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon2001/call-xml.html

Or at the very least, if you plan on attending, e-mail
oscon2001-xml-proposals oreilly com expressing interest in seeing some
DocBook/document-authoring tutorials/presentations take place.

  --Mike Smith