Re: Documenting Gnome apps with the GPL

The GFDL does not contain warranty disclaimers because our lawyer,
Professor Moglen, says that there is absolutely no need for one.  He
said there would be no liability anyway, for an error in a manual.

We agreed to make provision for Sun to add a warranty disclaimer,
simply to make Sun happy with using the GFDL.  (It doesn't do any
harm, and it's worth going that far out of our way to convince someone
to use the GFDL.)  Please do not assume, though, that such warranty
disclaimers are actually needed.