Re: gnome-terminal

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 10:19:10AM -0500, Trevor Curtis wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 12:36:26AM -0700, John Fleck offered:
> > On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 22:36, Trevor Curtis wrote:
> > Man pages are one of those "patches accepted" kind of things. If
> > someone's interested enough to provide them, we're happy to include
> > them. We've done that on a number of occasions. We don't object to man
> > pages in principal. We're just real busy.
>
> What about looking into something like this:
>
> http://docbook2x.sourceforge.net/docbook2manxml.html
>
> Xml probably makes this kind of thing easier now.

It can also be done using one of a number of stylesheets that are around
the place. From a quick look, I don't think docbooc2manxml offers
anything extra in that regard.

However, in each case, you still need to mark up the document with the
appropriate tags for creating a reference page (such tags already exist
and are well documented in DocBook). Usually more content needs to be
written as well, since it generally doesn't work to just extract bits of
explanation out of context from a much larger document for a manual
page.

It is creating this extra content and marking it up that will be
accepted as patches, since nobody is doing it right now. The conversion
from XML to man pages is basically free.

Malcolm

--
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.