Re: gnotravex man page

Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 09:53:43AM -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > As it so happens, I also just started a project to deal with exactly
> > this problem:  http://mama.sourceforge.net
>
>   Sounds good except that targetting SGML DocBook instead of XML DocBook
> might be a mistake, you may miss the train ...

My reasoning was the following:

I started out with XML in mind and drafted a DTD for man-pages when some
kind soul pointed out the DocBook RefEntry to me.  I didn't mean to
re-invent the wheel, so I took over this format.

I'd be very interested in other existing specifications, such as an XML
DocBook DTD (or Schema) for man pages.

>   Actuallly following the XML Readme gets me to
>     http://mama.sourceforge.net/xml/README.XML
>
> ------------------
> XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
> Location: http://mama.sourceforge.net/xml/README.XML
> Line Number 1, Column 1:
> $Author: Jan Schaumann <jschauma netmeister org> $
> ^
>
>   Using galeon 0.11.0 but this looks like a server side error,

Actually, no.  I just erraneously named it ".XML" when it's not a XML
file.  It was simply the README for the XML files, not a README in XML
format.

I'll have to update that anyway -- thanks for pointing it out.

-Jan

--
Jan Schaumann
http://www.netmeister.org