structure of extracted index page

hi

I'd appreciate some feedback/suggestions on the structure of the index
scrollkeeper will create from a document.

To aid explanation, consider a document including the following index markups:

<indexterm id="idx-a1">
</indexterm>

</indexterm>

<indexterm id="idx-a2" class=startofrange>
</indexterm>
<indexterm startref="idx-a2" class=endofrange>

The Example below is an excerpt from the extracted index .

1. The tags <indexdoc> </indexdoc> indicate beginning and end of document
2. The index entry is indicated by the tags <indexentry linkid="id">
</indexentry>

I do not know how to handle See and See Also references (as they are not
associatied with an id) - any suggestions?

Example:

<indexdoc>
   <indexentry linkid="idx-a1">Apple, Big, Green
   </indexentry>
   <indexentry linkid="idx-a2">Banana, Small
   </indexentry>
   <indexentry linkid="a1">Orange, Medium
   </indexentry

   etc. .......

</indexdoc>

TIA
Mary

~ I speak for myself, not for my employer ~
Mary Dwyer
Desktop Applications & Middleware Grp
Sun Microsystems Ireland
Tel: +353-1-8199222 (xt 19222)