Re: Move to XML, new converter to HTML etc

Converting the docs from SGML to XML is very easy if they were written
according to our recommendations (i.e., lowercase tags, no tag
minimisation, etc.) In this case, all you have to do is to change DTD
and then deal with self-closing tags. This can be done by a simple
script; in some cases, minor manual intervention will be
required. Also, there are some minor differences between DocBook3.1
(which we are using, and which only has SGML version) and DocBook 4.1
(which is the latest one, and has SGML and XML versions - we'll be
using the latter). Anyway, this is not a big deal - I could convert all
my docs in a day.

Laszlo, Daniel: how easy is (2)? Would it be possible to produce
something working within the next month so that we could start playing
with it?

And yes, I quite agree that it makes little sense to invest any
work on gnome-db2html2, or any other form of SGML parsing other than
bug fixing - better concentrate on XML.

My 2 kopecks.

Sasha