Administering Gnome remotely and scripted setups...

	I've been looking for documentation on how to do remote management
and automated scripting of tasks to set up the Gnome desktop and the
applications.  Basically I'm looking for location of (ascii config files?)
for the various gnome apps.  I realize some are under the personal
directory others are elsewhere but I've been trying to do remote support of
the gnome desktop and I'm running into lack of docs on remote installs and
setup and tweaking.  When I read the help files for the apps they only
describe how to configure things through the GUI but I need to be able to
telnet into a box, run vi and change the settings for various apps but I
get lost trying to find where I need to make those changes manually.  I'm
not sure if this is being done yet so if someone could point me in the
right direction I would be much appreciated.  I'll work on it myself if I
ever felt confident that I could find out the info.  Thanks...

--
David W. Jablonski
Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corporation