Re: Proper use of FDL

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 01:01:13AM -0500, Dan Mueth wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We discussed using the FDL in documents which are shipped as part of GNOME
> previously on this list, although we did not quite finish that discussion
> or update the templates.  I believe the remaining questions are "where do
> we put the fdl.sgml file so other documents can link to it?" and "what is
> the URL we should use in our link?".  I believe the suggested answers were
> "gnome-libs, which installs it in $PREFIX/gnome/help/fdl" and
> "gnome-help:fdl". Does this sound good to everybody?  If so, we can update
> the templates and ask John Fleck to write up a summary of what needs to be
> changed.  If not, let's resolve this soon.

Here is how I have been doing it in the documents I'm testing with
Nautilus:

   Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
   document under the terms of the <ulink type="help"
   url="gnome-help:fdl"><citetitle>GNU Free Documentation
   License</citetitle></ulink>, Version 1.1 or any later version published
   by the Free Software Foundation with no Invariant Sections, no
   Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.

Does this seem correct?

Also, shouldn't fdl.sgml be in $PREFIX/gnome/help/fdl/C/ ?
                                                      ^
And while including the fdl in gnome-libs seems the most practical
solution in technical terms, does that meet the requirement (?) to
include a copy of the fdl with the document?

Cheers,
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h)