Re: entities and Nautilus help

Ali Abdin <aliabdin aucegypt edu> writes:

> * Mathieu Lacage (mathieu eazel com) wrote at 01:43 on 25/10/00:
> > John Fleck <jfleck inkstain net> writes:
> >
> > > Mathieu -
> > >
> > > I reopened bug #2200, the entities bug, so we can track down the
> > > problems you reported. Could you add a more detailed explanation of
> > > the problem?
> >

> > well, I have no more details than the ones i mailed to the list.
> > It just throws errors when trying to parse entities... (enable debugging
> > to see them)
>
> Umm - the only thing I saw to the mailing list was/is:
>
> "entities are badly broken".

ok, my mail did not made it to the mailing list.

Well, if you enable debugging, you get those errors from libxml and they
show that libxml is choking on the first use of any SYSTEM entity.

Even though the above error does not seem to have any effect on the
html generation process, it is not acceptable to ship production code
with errors which show up like this. We have at least to understand
where those errors come from, why, and then we can decide to forget
them if they are really harmless.

I was a little tired when I wrote this mail about entities being
broken: "they work but are broken".

Mathieu
--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu eazel com>