nautilus documentation

hi all,

I know that many people have been really frustrated by the nautilus
documentation and its non-availability in sgml format.

Some people might have noticed that I have commited an HTML version
of this in nautilus cvs. This html version does not match the GNOME
documentation output and it is extremly bad looking. The screenshots
are ugly (bad resizing and stuff...)...

Hopefully, all this will change soon.

Our current native format is framemaker and Eazel writer is doing all
his work using this format. It has been assigned to me the task
of doing a conversion from framemaker to SGML and I am more than happy
to be able to fix this problem instead of having to go with the framemaker
format.

However, I am pretty much overloaded by work these days so, this mail is
a call for volunteers.

What needs to be done:

        - redo all screenshots so that we have png versions which
        actually look good.

        - port the frammaker files from framemaker to sgml.

It is clear to me that I will be unable to do item 1 properly since I
really lack time.
Item 2 requires either that someone with a perfect knowledge of the sucky
proprietary software named "Framemaker+SGML" writes the proper conversion
tools to convert the current stuff and hands edit the output to do the
final tagging or that someone does a manual marking of an SGML file by hand.
I completely lack the knowledge to do the work in framemaker and this would
require a lot of hand-editing anyway. I will thus head for solution 2 which
will require something like 1 or 2 days of work.

I will not be able to start working on this before the begening of next week
but I will do so asap. Thus, anyone who has a copy of framemaker is free
to mail me to help around next week: I need to coordinate with our writer so
that we actually convert the right version of the manual.

Then, everyone will be able to comment on the manual and review and send
patches :)

I hope this addresses everyone's concerns.

regards,
Mathieu

--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu eazel com>