Re: 1.4 Legalnotice Changes (including FDL)

IIRC, the consensus is:

 - for packages that will be distributed with Gnome 1.4, it suffices
 to make a link to gnome-help:fdl, which will be included in
 [gnome-libs|gnome-core|some other package]. Also, we will ask package
 maintainers to include plain text file COPYING.DOCS (or something
 like this) containing FDL - much like COPYING containing GPL.

OTOH, if you expect your docs (and apps) to be distributed separately
from Gnome, you better include the licenses.

Sasha