Re: Desk Guide Applet help page

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, stuart kreitman wrote:

> I have just read through and attempted multiple times to increase the
> number
> of virtual desktops (deskguide / left-mouse / preferences / geometry)
> on my system to no avail.
>
> The help page refers to "Geometry/rows of desktop maps" under the
> heading but nowhere
> explains how to create them.  Please help!

Stuart - Many thanks for pointing this out. I will improve the doc's
explanation of this.

What it should say is something to the effect of "the number of desktops
is controlled by your window manager. See your window manager
documentation for details on how to create new desktops."

There also should be a more explicit discussion of "number of virtual
desktops" in the usage section above.

Thanks for the feedback.

John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net