Re: Meet us on Wine Alley

I really with Evolution would tell who wrote the last message...  FYI, it was Owen.

> Dan Mueth <d-mueth uchicago edu> writes:
>
> > On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> >
 > >oreously, can I suggest we make gnome-doc-list "posters-only":
> > > More seriously, can I suggest we make gnome-doc-list "posters-only":
> > > mailman has a nice option where non-member posts are held in a queue
> > > for approvals or not, so people posting from alternative addresses or
> > > wanting to ask questions without subscribing will still see their
> > > messages get through, if we have someone willing to do to "approve,
> > > approve, don't approve.." stuff.
> >
> > It is interesting this got through.  I thought the list was set up to only
> > allow suscribers to post.  I believe that is why we have docs gnome org
> > which forwards to this list, so that non-subscribers could post questions
> > and comments about documentation without subscribing.
>
> At Dave's request some time ago, gnome-doc-list is different from all
> the other GNOME mailing lists in allowing posts by non-subscribers.
> This is precisely so mail to docs gnome org goes through.

Does all mail to gnome-doc-list gnome org go through, or only
docs gnome org ?

> This was more important before the transition to Mailman than
> currently. With the old smartlist setup, posts from non-members would
> just get bounced; with Mailman they will get held for approval, which
> may be appropriate.
>
> Probably the first step to change this is making somebody the owner of
> gnome-doc-list; currently adminstrative requests just go into a pile
> with a couple of other unowned lists (gnome-themes-list...)  That
> person could a) change the policy and see how it works out b) handle
> mail to docs gnome org held for approval.

Well, if we close the list, I'll volunteer to handle messages that get
held.  I'm on the mailman users list, and I've got a couple of servers
where I run mailman already.  Thoughts?

    Greg