Re: Automatic Legalese Generator?

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 07:29:54PM +0200 or thereabouts, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> |   Ah. I wish. It would be so cool if we could do this.
>
> As you see: we can do it if we try ;)

I hope!

> |   I'm really bad with entities, and I can't find a single example of
> |   <olink> in use. Has anyone used it? How?
>
> Not me, Telsa, but Norman obviously (TDG, p. 340 s.) or online at:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/reference/html/olink.html

I have read this, yes. It's what got me thinking about using it.
But I regret to admit I don't understand it: neither the example
nor the explanation. dcm pointed me at a tutorial on its use (clearly
I'm not the only one who finds it confusing!) at
http://nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl/olinksemantics.html

And I have read this, too, now, and I still don't understand it!
I'm not very good at abstracts. I need a ton of examples. But anyway,
are you saying that we can use this to get around the problem of
different distros having different prefixes? Or would it require
that all the docs which are going to be cross-linked are built in
one big doc-building frenzy?

(I dunno why I should think that: I think it's because I can't actually
understand how otherwise they'd point to the right places in each other.)

Telsa