GDP web site

I visited the GDP web site in order to found out how to write documentation for
a couple of programs, and i thought the structure of the web site quite
confusing.... For people starting out writing documentation, it's not clear enough what
they need to read in order to know enough to starting documenting.

It seems to be designed for people currently documenting, not those starting
out on documentation. There is too much information on the one page to quickly
find the information a newbie would be looking for.

I think there should be a separate getting started section that details the
basics of documenting for GNOME. ( On a separate page) The problem isn't with the
information on the web site, but rather the way in it's presented that's
confusing..

Feel free to disagree with me :) - I am probably the exception rather than the
rule.

And maybe this will be fixed anyway when the Gnome web site is redesigned...

Thomas Canty