Re: GNU Free Documentation License

On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 05:16:39PM -0500 or thereabouts, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
>        FSF just released Free Documentation License - take a look. We
> need to discuss whether to adopt it for GDP.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

I've seen the earlier drafts of this before (it was on the GNU
proofreaders list as something to check, and there was a "for
discussion" version, too). So I knew already that it's a bit of a
pain to get through. It has a variety of ideas and terms you have to
understand at the start for the rest to make sense. But I like
the thrust of it very much.

I'd go for it, myself. The only reservation I'd have is the one
I have about many licences: it's very very detailed. If you're
new to the world of licences (which I imagine many new GNOME users
might be), it's off-putting. I can see the need for the long
detailed stuff, but it's still a problem for people unused to
that kind of thing. But I like it :)

Telsa