Re: The gnome-help.2

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 11:41:22AM -0500 or thereabouts, battery841@mypad.com wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 05:41:18PM +1000, Phillip J Shelton wrote:
> > Is there any thought for putting math rendering, i.e. MathML, into this
> > `browser'?
>
> If you don't mind me asking, what would be the purpose?

Probably would have saved Greg much woe describing gcalc buttons :)

Something I have noticed, however, even with the more "standard"
(as in: they're in the appendix in the DocBook book) entities, is
that some browsers don't know how to render them. There was one
entity which should have come out as a right-pointing arrow (→)
and I tried that. Lynx did a "->". Mozilla ignored it. Netscape
printed something utterly different. And I forget what gnome-help-browser
did with it.

I'm not familiar with this MathML thing, so I might be talking about
something utterly different, of course.

Telsa