Re: Translating GGAD.

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Jihoon Chung wrote:

> I am planning to translate GTK+/Gnome Application Development to
> Korean. This will be first time for me to translate a GNU related
> document.  Could you tell me about the license of GGAD, and what I
> should do to get the sgml/docbook/latex/... whatever source of the
> document?
>
> Thanks.. in advance.
>
> Jihoon Chung

Jihoon,

This is great news.  I looked around to find other Korean translators of
GNOME documentation, and all I found was this web page:
http://gnome.kldp.org/

I can't read it ;)  If you find that this project is active, could you
send me the email of the project leader so we have it added it to our
list of contacts?

I think the main GGAD site is: http://pobox.com/~hp/gnome-app-devel.html
There is also some info at: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/
You can grab the SGML source from CVS: cvs -z3 co GGAD
The license(OPL) is discussed on the main site.

You may want to keep in touch with the
GDP: http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp and #docs on irc.gnome.org
and the gnome-doc-list mailing list.

And also the GNOME Translation Project:
http://developer.gnome.org/arch/translate/  (and some others)
and #i18n on irc.gnome.org and gnome-i18n-list mailing list.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to email Havoc directly and tell him that you
are translating his book.

Dan