Re: 1.4 release?

* Alexander Kirillov (kirillov@math.sunysb.edu) wrote at 21:01 on 27/07/00:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 12:30:51PM +0300, Ali Abdin wrote:
> > No - ship sgml with package :) The html way is...crufty - and sgml works
> > (at least for me) :) If there are bugs, then it should be reported.
> >

> You use jrb's db2html tool, right? Since i don't have its latest
> version, could you tell me if it suports all the tags we use (you
> mentioned problems with <menuchoice> and <guisubmenu> - anything
> else?). Also, does it support entities? both defined in the header
> <!ENTITY AUTHORS SYSTEM "authors.sgml">
> and pre-defined such as &mdash; or &hellip;  ?
>
> If needed I can provide the test file containing all this.

It apparently does not support menuchoice or guisubmenu tags, as I discovered
acidently with my 'glife.sgml' file :) I do not know what others tags are not
supported.

See:
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/nautilus/components/help/converters/gnome-db2html2/sect-elements.c
(you can see all the supported tags listed).

Another issue with gnome-db2html2 is it screws up if you have the '%' symbol
in your docs somewhere. Very icky.

As for entities I do not know :) I think the pre-defined ones are supported,
but the only we can really check is to have test files for this. We need a
good test-suite of Doc files to try out (Well, you can have just one Docbook
file and in each 'section' have something tested out).

Regards,
Ali