Re: sgml in help dir (was Re: Hello)

Back after a week away. Wading through...

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 12:36:10AM +0300 or thereabouts, Ali Abdin wrote:

> To be honest I really do not know the difference between Docbook/SGML and
> Docbook/XML :& All the docs I've seen 'appear' to be Docbook/XML - but maybe
> I'm just ignorant/naive :)

Or maybe we got it right :)

We decided a good while ago to ensure that we didn't use SGML-only
tricks in order to make the transition to XML smooth. There was quite
a list: most of them didn't affect us and we were doing a lot of the
rest anyway. I think one example is that SGML lets you do end-tag
minimisation (<demo>like this</>) and XML doesn't. Stuff like that.

The idea was that we could then just alter all the DTDs and it would
"just work". Here's hoping!

Telsa