Re: help for font and color selector widgets?

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Alexander Kirillov wrote:

> Hi guys:
>
> does anyone know what it the situation with on-line help for font and
> color selector widgets (which are invoked form preferences dialogs when
> you try to change a font/color)? On my system, there is no help button
> for  font selector widget, and the color selector has help button
> which in not linked to anything...

It looks like the only GNOME widget which has been worked on is the
gnome-print stuff. I started work on a special template for widgets a
while ago, but I din't quite finish and I can't access them until Friday.
It is up to you if you want to wait until Friday or just start over.  If
you start over, lets be sure to put it in CVS and on the web with the
other templates.

> It is not difficult to write the help (e.g., the font selector widget
> is virtually identical to font selector utility which is documented),
> so it is up to developers to add help buttons and link them to this
> help. Developers - can you do that?

I don't anticipate any trouble here.  If you are worried about it, you
might drop an email to George, Miguel, or Jacob.  I think George and
Miguel are going to OLS though, so I'm not sure how quickly they will
respond.  I think you would be pretty safe writing the doc first and then
we'll take care of binding it in later.

Dan