Re: Translate Documentation

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, SeedNet wrote:

> Dear Sir:
>    May I translate the GNOME Programming Guidelines to Tranditional
> Chinese? . And may I put the files I translate in my web ?
>
> Jimmy Chang

Jimmy,

This sounds like a great idea.  You might want to subscribe to the
gnome-i18n mailing list (see http://www.gnome.org/i18n/) and then ask
there about other Chinese translators or translation issues.  I am cc'ing
them on this email, although you may not be able to post to the list until
you are subscribed.

As far as I know, there is one other person who has done work on
translating GNOME documents to Chinese - Cai Jian Guo <jgcai@126.com>.
He translated the older version of the Users Guide:
http://www.geocities.com/jgcai/.

You may also want to check out the Translation Project web pages
(http://developer.gnome.org/arch/translate/ and maybe some others?).

Hopefully some of the translators can provide some more up-to-date
information for you.

Dan