Re: Polish documentation

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, [iso-8859-2] Micha³ Sobiegraj wrote:

> I would like to know if nobody is working on Polish version of Gnome
> documentation. If so, I will be interested in this work.
>
> Michal Sobiegraj

Hi Michal,

There are several things which one typically documents.  The first are the
"po" files.  (See http://developer.gnome.org/arch/translate/).  It looks
like a fair amount of work has been done for the Polish translations of
the "po" files: http://www.gnome.org/i18n/status.shtml lists it as 78%
complete.

Translating the application documentation and Users Guide into Polish is a
much bigger task, which I don't think has been done.  Note that the Users
Guide is in the progress of being re-written. Talk to ("David C. Mason"
<dcm@redhat.com>) for information on the User Guide. There is currently a
contact person for Polish translations listed at:
http://developer.gnome.org/arch/translate/teams.html

Dan