GDP Editors

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> Could there be some sort of a formal "editors" group or something?  I think
> that editing is very important to documentation, but nobody seems to take
> the time to set up anything formal for the editors.  Thanks,

I think this is a great idea.  The GDP could use one or more "editors".
They should do the typical editting functions (spelling, grammar, correct
use of acronyms and abreviations, etc.) and should also be able to edit
more GNOME-specific issues such as the DocBook markup, licensing and
copywrite issues, screenshot size and format, etc.  They will act to unify
the style of the documentation (eg. use of "you" as opposed to "one").

I think it is unreasonable to expect the average documentation author to
be on top of all of these issues.

If everybody else agrees, I suggest we find a couple good editors.  We
should add a brief description of their role and the procedure for
contacting them to the Handbook.

Dan