Re: Standard docbook Makefile.am recipe

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, John Kodis wrote:

> Yes, I should have thought to look to the gnome-hello module for
> enlightenment.  Unfortunately, the approach take in gnome-hello
> doesn't scale well.  Once the help file gets large enough to require
> multiple sect1 sections, hence generating multiple .html files, the
> two html-generating rules:
>
>     gnome-hello.html: gnome-hello/gnome-hello.html
> 	    -cp gnome-hello/gnome-hello.html .
>
>     gnome-hello/gnome-hello.html: $(SGML_FILES)
> 	    -db2html gnome-hello.sgml

John - There's another approach that Jacob Berkman and Dan Mueth set up
for the gnome-applets and gnome-core. It uses a pair of files (which
you'll have to merge together when doing this for a single application):

gnome-applets/applet-docs.make

and then a separate Makefile.am for each applet, for example:

gnome-applets/gweather/docs/C/Makefile.am

See if that offers some clues.

Cheers,

John