Re: Nautilus as help browser - first impressions.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 01:01:16PM -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:

> > 4. Info pages:
> >    Info pages are rendered OK. However:
> >    a. It can't find info pages if they do not have "info" in file
> >      name. On my system, many info pages do not - e.g.,
> >      /usr/info/emacs.gz. Thus, "info:emacs" does not work.
>
> Your system is broken, then. :)

I disagree. I am using RPM's which came with my system (mandrake at
home, RH at work) - in both of them, emacs info file is
/usr/info/emacs.gz (or emacs.bz2). And info system  *does not*
require info files to have .info extension - here is a quote from
texinfo info page:

  The name of an Info file often has a `.info' extension.  Thus, the
  Info file for GDB might be called either `gdb' or `gdb.info'.  The
  Info reader programs automatically try the file name both with and
  without `.info'(1)

Sasha