Possible RFC for windows in DocBook

DocBook seems to be missing appropriate tags to mark up several user
interface components.  These include:
  1) windows
  2) dialogs
  3) panels
  4) other stuff: sliders, status bars, scroll bars, and zillions of
     other GUI widgets which aren't worth making tags for each one

I have been trying to figure out whether these need to be marked up and if
so, how.  One of the best suggestions I've seen was proposed by Eric after
a fair amount of discussion and debate.  He proposed that we mark up 1-3
as:

  1) <window>
  2) <window role="dialog">
  3) <window role="panel">

This seems to be a very consistant and logical approach to me.  What do
other people think?

For #4, we could either create a generic GUI item tag such as <guiitem> or
<guiobject>, or else leave them unmarked.

What do people think of these ideas?  I wanted to get some opinions
before I put in an RFC.  Please note that we cannot start using these tags
yet, so I don't want to see these showing up in any GDP docs ;)

Dan