Re: GDP and docbook 4.0 ?

Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> writes:

> I was wondering when the GDP will switch to docbook 4.0.
> I guess it would even make some things easier, like avoid
> the PNG-workaround.

You are quite right that it will make some things easier but I don't
want us to officially move to it until it is officially out of beta.

There is still a lot of testing going on with it (and the creation of
new modular stylesheets that support it) especially with all the new OO
programming elements.

We should switch after GNOME 1.2 as well so we don't have to update
all our docs because there are some backwards compatible problems
(like <artheader> becoming <artinfo>).

But I assure you we will move to it - and it is likely that we will
move to the XML version sooner than you might think.

Cheers,

Dave

--

          David Mason