Re: GNOME User Interface Guidelines

> > >The GNOME User Interface Guidelines
> > >This document is intended for application developers who want to design
> > >intuitive, easy to use user interfaces which integrate with the GNOME
> look &
> > >feel.
> >
> > Please note that this type of document already exists in a number of
> places:
> > gnome-libs/devel-docs/suggestions.txt
> > gnome-libs/devel-docs/ui-guide/
>
> Who is the author of that document? The document itself does not seem to
> contain any information about whom to contact. I had posted my idea of
> writing such a document earlier, and several people told me that such a
> document does *not* exist.

Go through cvs.gnome.org/bonsai and use "View Blame Annotated Log".  It
will show you who wrote each line and when.  It looks like Federico
<federico@nuclecu.unam.mx> and nat wrote most of it last December.

I had also heard from someone in the Gnome-UI project that no docs
like this exist just a few days ago.

I think these docs should be moved to the GDP pages.  They must be
visible enough that a new developer who starts writing a Gnome app can
find them easily.  It might be a good idea to pass these by the Gnome-UI
folks so they know it exists and contribute.

Dan