Re: Joining

> Well, this is pretty new to me, but here goes.
>
> I'd like to help (Yea!). Unfortunately, I'm still learning.
> Specifically, I'd like to help write micro-Howto's, since that's
> what's bugging me now. How do I do this, how do I do that. I'm plowing
> through GTK+ and CORBA info, but I haven't found much on using Gnome.

Great!  The Gnome documentation effort needs lots of help.  You can check
out the status of things at http://www.gnome.org/gdp/ and find out what
people are working on and what needs to be done.  In addition, many
applications are in need of documentation.   This mailing list is a great
place for discussion of new ideas too.

Have you checked out the Gnome User's Guide?  It should be a good
introduction to Gnome from a User's perspective. Does this cover what you
would have in micro-Howto's?  Or would they cover more specific, advanced,
or obscure things?  I see on www.gnome.org/gdp that there is a Focus item
"Tutorials and Walk-thrus" which sounds similar to your micro-Howto's.  I
don't think anybody is working on this.

> So basically, give me a job, I'll do my best.

With so much to be done, it may be better for you to find a void you're
interested in filling and do it.  Posting your ideas to this list is a
good idea since people here usually provide a lot of good feedback.

Cheers,

Dan