Re: Standardizing help paths

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > The Help System should work on XML documents directly.  It's easy to
> > convert DocBook SGML to DocBook XML (try `sx').
>
> Where is this "sx" program?.  I am genuinely interested in this, and
> getting a framework for gnome-help that understand, parses and renders
> Docbook XML.
>
> Miguel.
>
> --

Why not use Zope as the "engine" for object publishing in the Help Browser?
It's fully mature, supports XML
objects (rendering as well), and has powerful indexing and cataloging
capabilities. I'm working on a GNOME Zope GUI
(www.zope.org/Members/Earthtone/) and believe that once I have the basic
interface wired, it wouldn't be hard to design a help browser around it.
IMHO, XML is the way to go - HTML as the content in a help-system has way
too many limitations.

My .02,

Eron