API Docs

As some of you may have noticed, I have made an API status page:
http://developer.gnome.org/arch/doc/api-status.html

Guess what, it is there for a reason that is probably apparent. Now
that Miguel has graciously brought up the topic of everyone helping
out with API docs (thanks Miguel!), I can officially announce the API
status page and the newly rejuvenated GNOME API Documentation Project.

Pay attention, this is real simple... Pick some things in the GNOME
API that are incomplete... make a list... mail the list to me at
dcm@redhat.com.

I will compile, cross check, and scrutinize the lists and "assign"
things to people. If more than one person signs up for one thing, I
will arbitrate a deal for both of you to work on it.

Work on your list like mad this week (Worldwide Documentation Week)
and check the results into CVS... gnome-libs/devel-docs/ After it is
checked in, send me a note, tell me you are done, and I will update
the status page to say how cool you are for finishing your assigned
documentation!

If you have questions about how to use update the tmpl files in the
gtk-docs documentation package, or you are having trouble with the
docbook tools, subscribe to the gnome-doc-list@gnome.org and ask, there
are good people hanging out there to help you. You can also check the
doc tools page for info: http://developer.gnome.org/arch/doc/tools.html

Now is the time my friends. If we get this done, we can take over the
world!
--

          David Mason
        Red Hat AD Labs