gnome-terminal documentation

I was looking for something in the help for gnome-terminal, the html
stuff in /usr/share/gnome/help/gnome-terminal (on RH Linux, at least),
and was misled badly by something in there. I also realised that
something that was rather cryptic could be better worded and isn't
as complicated as it sounds, and some other bits and pieces were
empty and could do with being filled in. And a pile of stuff like
that. At least one person who has hacked gnome-terminal didn't know that
that help page exists, which might explain why one option is documented
as one thing but now does something different :) It needs redoing, I
think.

I'd like to have a go at this.

I am eyeing the docbook tutorial with some trepidation, and grabbing
the rpms, but first I need to have some content and get the details
right.

I have been told that parts of gnome-terminal are going to be rewritten
anyway, but in the meantime, is it alright if I have a go at making
something a bit easier to read for new users, which bears more resemblance
to what actually happens if you use various options, and has fewer
unnecessarily complicated bits? Is anyon doing this already? If not,
I shall try.

And at some stage I shall get stuck and need to check with people who
actually understand that code stuff whether my understanding of things
is actually right. Is there anyone familiar with gnome-terminal who is
willing to put up with a few questions if I need to ask?

(This may be the wrong list to find the hackers, of course :) Feel free
to pass this to anywhere likely to be the right place.)

Right, I suppose I'd better go and do this CVS grabbing thing. Fun.

Telsa.