Re: Offering to fill a hole in the GNOME documentation.

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 10:26:50AM -0400, David C. Mason wrote:

> Peter, that sounds great. We certainly welcome your efforts. Please
> become familiar with the current documentation

Where is "the current documentation"?
The only documentation I could see mentioned on http://www.gnome.org/
was the GNOME Users Guide and the gnome-faq.
I thought the former was moderately good (beta minus),
while the latter was poor (gamma).
I had the impression it was written by a developer
to tell users what he thought they should know,
rather than an attempt to answer questions
which might actually arise.

Incidentally, the TeX version of gnome-faq
is neither a TeX nor a LaTeX file.
(It appears to be a subset of a TeX file.)

As a GNOME newbie, I very much like the overall look of GNOME,
but feel the documentation leaves a great deal to be desired.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: tim@maths.tcd.ie