Re: GNOME document autogeneration...

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Elliot Lee wrote:
> > gnome-doc is what we can definitely use for the inline documentation (aka
> > project "source code will be readable" :), but it is not flexible enough
> > or powerful enough to practically allow doing things like usage examples,
> > many paragraphs of description, sidebars, etc. which the GTK+ system does.
>
> Still something I don't understand; will the GTK+ system actually use
> the in-source comment docs?

No.

> Or will someone simply refer to the docs in the code, when writing the
> "real" GNOME docs?

I see gnome-doc being useful for these purposes:
	. Making source code easier to read. For people like me who
	  read header files & source code more often than html docs,
	  it will be nirvana :-)
	. Providing some hints for people writing those detailed docs
	. Making maintainance easier by storing information
	  on the functions such as known bugs or missing features
	  that doesn't belong in the docs that end users see.

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg