Re: SVN Migration

Hey,

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 23:40 +0100, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> --- Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

<snip>

> I was going to complain until I saw just how many core
> apps are also in that list... but *gimp* is priority
> 1????

There was a call a long while ago.  If people wanted to get on priority
1 list they had to speak up then.  Guess GIMP did.  Plus, I think, GIMP
gets a lot of commits from a lot of people and they wanted to keep the
most number of people working early on.

> By the way, I'm a little uncertain about what we need
> to do to keep working.
> I take it we can't do anything until the middle of
> next week, because CVS is now read-only?
> Is there a way to convert our checked-out stuff, or
> does it need to be checked out from the new SVN repo
> from scratch?

You can do stuff, you just can't commit it.  You can still create
patches and such off the CVS tree (which can be applied once SVN comes
up).  AFAIK, there is no way to switch a working copy from CVS to SVN,
you'll have to check it out again (which is going to be much fun with
jhbuild ;) ).

Don