Re: Automatic Menu Substitution In Gnome Help Documentation

Hi Matt,

Yesterday at 14:43, Matt Keenan wrote:

> So let me try and scope out the work required, let me know if I am incorrect... ?
>
>    1 - Define what xml to be placed into help dtd's  e.g. gcalctool.xml
>
>    2 - Write new xslt stylesheet for processing the new xml, place into
>        g-d-u xslt/docbook/utils ?, this could also then be used for static
>        conversion aswell.
>
>    3 - Would xml2po need changing aswell ?
>
> I know what I've stated is very simplistic, but does it make sense ?

Yeah, that's exactly what I had in mind.  Note that we'd still have to
have some command-line stuff to update a mapping of menus->XSLT, since
I think we can't look through .desktop files in XSL.

I'd also like to hear Shaun's opinion on this, since he's still the
primary author of g-d-u stylesheets and Yelp ;)

xml2po would need no changing so far (I am bad, less work for me! :)

Cheers,
Danilo