Re: yelp patches

Don Scorgie wrote:
Hi all,

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 14:25 -0500, Christopher James Lahey wrote:

The third, yelp-printing.patch, adds printing support to yelp.  It will
print either the page or the whole document.

Known bugs:

- Printing the whole document leaks some memory because I'm not sure how
to know when the printing is done so I can free the temporary mozilla
window.

Attached is a patch based on this, that prints using libgnomeprint*.
Its not exactly complete (just a first version).  It works in the same
way as Epiphany, replacing the PrintingPromptService from mozilla.

Works fine here with firefox 1.5b2 but seems to crash with firefox
1.0.x. (Dunno why)

Huh.  Speaking of firefox, what version can we expect to see go into
the next gnome release?  AFAIK, there are a few things that newer
versions of firefox fix in yelp (most notably bug 312009 about the
linktrail bar)

It also has no dialog to show when its printing or when it finishes.

Just figured it was better to be consistant with other apps in print
dialog.

Is it worth continuing with this?  If so, I'll go and try and clean it
up a bit and get it in a usable state.

My vote would be a resounding yes.  Printing support is important for
yelp.  I will try to test the patch in the next few days.

Thanks,

   Brent