Re: CJK Numbering in gnome-doc-utils

On 12/10/05, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> Clearly, there are quite a few variations on this system,
> and I have no problems supporting every variation that
> we need.  What I need to know, however, is exactly which
> ideographic systems our translators want to use.  I need
> exact definitions of those systems.

Hi Shaun,

I have attempted to summarize the digits and rules used by
simplified and traditional Chinese, in this page:

    http://deaddog.org/~maddog/Chinese_Numeral_System.html

Hopefully it is a rigid enough set of rules without much
ambiguity, though my current health doesn't allow me to do
any rigorous testing. I'm being food-poisoned these few days,
though not so serious, it is enough to keep me from being
responsive for 1 day or 2. If there really is some problem,
you can ask Funda for more detail.

Funda, is the ruleset ok? I've had some doubts with 4th rule,
so if you have time, perhaps you can help explaining to
others... thanks a lot.

Abel