Re: GtkSourceView: Get current word

Il giorno lun, 09/01/2006 alle 17.37 +0100, Johannes Schmid ha scritto:

> Hi!
>
> To implement gtksourceview in anjuta I need a need a function which
> gives the current word of the curser position (e.g the text between
> two whitespaces). This would be trivial if we would use
> ASCII-Characters but I am not sure how top implement this with UTF-8
> in GtkText/SourceView. Is there an elegant way to do this?

Hi Johannes,

	you can use gtk_text_iter_forward_word_end() and
gtk_text_iter_backward_word_start().

I am very happy to hear that you are working on a SourceView-based
editor plugin for anjuta and I'd love to hear your plans and the issues
you encounter with GtkSourceView. I am also sure that there could be a
good deal of code that you could share with gedit. Do you use irc? feel
free to join #gedit on irc.gnome.org to discuss any question.

ciao
	Paolo