Re: Modifying C/C++ lang files for gtksourceview

Hi!

> What I have done:
> 1. deleted /usr/share/.../c{,pp}.lang
> 2. put my file "cc++.lang" in that dir

> gEdit does not show C, C++, or "C and C++" (mine) in
> its syntax highlighting color-setting dialog dropdown
> box.

Is it shown in the "Highlight Mode" menu?

> Also, there is no documentation on the gtksourceview
> sourceforge site about adding additional lang files
> (it says TODO).  It also isn't mentioned in any of the
> files in /usr/share/doc/gtksourceview-1.0.

You are right...
We have no time to update the  web site... any volunteer?

You have to put your .lang files in
${prefix}/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/ (for system wide .lang
files) or in ~/.gnome2/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/ (for user
defined .lang files)

Regards,
Paolo