Re: I'm adding Arch support to Meld

Hi Aaron, [cc-ing to devtools so others can see]

> In principle, are you interested in adding Arch support to Meld?
> There is a bit of impedance mismatch mapping Arch tree states to Meld
> tree states

Yes, definitely. I want to support cvs, svn and arch. What I definitely
do not want however is to maintain three almost identical guis.
Especially since I'll likely be only using/testing one.

Instead I propose a generic simplified version control module and a
single gui. Hopefully there's enough overlap that this is possible. In
arch what does it mean for a file to be not-added but modified for
example?

> I'm a bit mystified by Glade's interactions.  I'm using Debian's
> glade-gnome 2 package, but when I save the files, the toggle buttons
> change from class "toggle" to "GtkToggleButton", and stop working.  This
> far, I've been hand-hacking the .glade files.  Any suggestions where I
> can learn more about this?

Unfortunately, glade-2.6.x only writes gtk2.4 glade files. You'll need
glade-2.0 to write gtk2.2 files. I haven't been able to get a package,
nor have I succeeded in compiling it (you need to compile gtk too). I
had originally planned to release 1.0 for gtk2.2, but it's painful
enough that I may drop gtk2.2 support and postpone the 1.0.

Stephen.
--
Stephen Kennedy <stevek gnome org>
http://meld.sf.net visual diff and merge