Re: [GDL] build problems

Hi John,

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 06:51, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> I ran into a couple of build problems with GDL.

Gustavo changed some stuff recently to the build process, but it builds
fine on my machines (fedora + ydl).

> * -fno-strict-aliasing needs to be set as a build flag or it will warn
> on (gpointer *) &widget.  Since -Werror is set this causes GDL not to
> build.

Should we really set -Werror as a default in the build? I know i removed
it from glimmer at one point because different platforms generated
different warnings and broke the build.

> * libssl development files are needed for the build (why do we use SSL?)
> but does not error out when running ./configure.

I have no idea why we would need libssl. Strange.

Jeroen