GtkSourceView default property values

Hi,

I'm a little confused with GtkSourceView's default property values. When the properties are installed in gtk_source_view_class_init() the default values are specified as:

PROP_SHOW_LINE_NUMBERS  =  FALSE
PROP_SHOW_LINE_MARKERS  = FALSE
PROP_TABS_WIDTH =  DEFAULT_TAB_WIDTH
PROP_AUTO_INDENT =  FALSE
PROP_INSERT_SPACES  =  FALSE
PROP_SHOW_MARGIN  =  FALSE
PROP_MARGIN  =  DEFAULT_MARGIN
PROP_SMART_HOME_END  =  TRUE

then, in gtk_source_view_init() the following properties are explicitly set:

view->priv->tabs_width = DEFAULT_TAB_WIDTH
view->priv->margin = DEFAULT_MARGIN
view->priv->smart_home_end = TRUE

but the view->priv->show_line_number, view->priv->show_line_markers, view->priv->auto_indent, view->priv->insert_spaces and, view->priv->show_margin properties are not. From the property installation functions you would assume these five properties should all be disabled by default, but they're not. When you create a new GtkSourceView and don't call any property 'set' functions the source view widget is created with line numbers, markers, show margin, auto indent and insert spaces are all enabled. This means you have to call a 'set' function to explictly disable a property you don't want enabled. It seems more natural to me to initially call a 'set' function to enable a property rather than disable it. If this is reasonable should these five propeties be set to FALSE in gtk_source_view_init().

Regards,

Jeff Franks.